I have to start this post with a bit of an apology! I was painting at Avon Valley Artists this morning, and intended to have another go with the d'oily and gouache. I completely forgot to take my camera with me, so I am afraid that there are no step by step photos of what I did.
The process, however was exactly the same as last week, with a bit of additional texture.
The background was painted wet into wet with Quinachridone Magenta, Opera Pink, Windsor Green, Pthalo Blue and Paynes Grey. I then added some sea salt to start off the texture,
I also added some creased tissue paper which I stuck to the background with white Gesso.
I allowed all this to dry - coffee break and chat and judicious use of the hairdryer - and then proceeded to tear up bits of my doily which I had previously painted several shades of pinks and blues.
I pooled some darker paint in places and blew these across the page with a straw to get some natural looking twigs, and painted around parts of the background to give me some leaf shapes.
I added colour and white gouache where I thought it was needed, added a few stamens to the so-called flowers and gave the whole thing a good splatter with white gouache.