Time for another attempt at the mixed media method. This time the flowers were to be Delphiniums. I say Delphiniums in the loosest sense as the finished painting will only be a very vague representation of the actual flowers. I did want something with lots of little flowers this time, to see if they had the same possibilities as the bigger blooms.
The system was exactly the same as for the 'Daisies ( post before last ) so I set about painting the background first, to use similar colours to the flower colours that I was going to use. Whilst the paint was still wet, I added salt in spire-like shapes to reflect the flower spikes. This was then put aside to dry.
I then took a second piece of paper, a bit of a cheaper brand -Centenaire Not 300g- because lots of it gets cut away and thrown out! This time I used the flower colours, many similar to the background colours, but trying to be very delicate.
Using PVA glue, I stuck the flower spikes and the individual flowers onto the background and patiently held them down until they stayed flat. Again, a wait for them to dry, and then I was able to paint some detail into the flowers, add some darks to the central background and finally lightly paint in a couple of leaves.Hope You enjoy looking!
'Delphiniums' (40cm x 30cm)